Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thoughts these few days

I have some mixed feelings these few days.
It seem like it really concerned on my life already.

1
LeeKuanYew,
We know him by knowing he's a great man, who bring Singapore such a prosperous country today.
That's a very sarcastic statement saying that luckily Singapore has left Malaysia or else they won't be what they are today. On another hand, if Lee is the PM of Malaysia, will we be what they are today?
That's a good question too.

Some have different thoughts, saying he's a dictator. He rules the country with laws and regulation which pushes the people to work excessively, increase their stress by implementing GST and increase the interest years and years. People in Singapore claims they are most unhappy and stressful citizens.

My view:
He has passed away in 2015. What a sad day for Singaporean, 1/3 of the Singaporean come to pay their last respect in his funeral ceremony. But, why still so many citizens willing to spend their precious time to pay last respect to this "dictator?". And, It's really stupid that this "dictator" allow for general election for this country, where people can easily pull him down by voting to opponent.
Singapore is very unlucky small country that abandoned by Malaysia in 1963, they are almost hopeless and no direction at that time because there's no natural resources at Singapore. But they are lucky to have a world class leader, Lee. He spends his whole life in building up the country by focusing in electrical field, mechanical and systematic. , they debate every issue in the Parliament  to make sure Singaporean benefits the most, not the government. They have strict laws and firm punishment. They are first world. They are leading economic country in Asian. By that saying, to all disclaimers, Lee might done something not right, or pushes the people too hard, but all he's doing is for the sake of not himself, but the country and the people.

2
GST
(Good service tax)
Finally it's in Malaysia, we are one of the least % charged by GST so far in Asian.
6%, our historical day falls on 1st of April 2015.
Malaysia implement this with a reason to boost up our economic and fasten the speed to more prosperous country in 2020. Don't forget we got a mission set by Tun.M where we gonna be first world country in 2020, but this person has retired from his career and hands everything to our new PM. Due to increased debts from 1mdb, Ringgit currency drops tremendously from 3.2 to 3.7 per USD. Petrol prices drop too. This new PM found out it's impossible to reach what we expect in 2020 because of the debts and the corruption we had. So, he implement GST in Malaysia. I don't believe GST can help country in any sense, I believe PM's accounts in oversea country will continue to prosperous and when 2020 comes, he will hand the responsibilities to our new PM that time.

Well, GST is implemented now, I believe in 10 years time the interest rate definitely will go up again. perhaps 8%? 


3
MBA or not
There are many options in life, but you must grab it by your own hands.
Do it or not. It's really a big question, because I'm funding myself in this education which I'm not really sure whether it's really helpful for my future or not. If I'm investing money and time in something uncontrollable that's what we called gambling. I hope I can learn a big lesson here and don't make the mistake in future when I got commitments and more responsibilities. I heard MBA is not really tough, you just need to have passions. well said, and bullshit. I heard MBA is just to use money to buy a certificate, doesn't make sense until I go through the programs.

But, what I'm thinking now is do not stop learning. It's a process we must always, consistently doing, LEARN. I also believe I do have the responsibility to bring up my family business because I'm the eldest. By that saying, I want to be different and stronger. I want to know more about business and system. I don't want to be bullied by any parties. I hope I made a right decision this time. And I'm not afraid of making wrong decision at this age, FAIL is just a process and I always can climb up again. Let's do it I say, I always say.

 









No comments: