Saturday, August 17, 2013

Highlights of the day

8 year old patient came with parents, complaint of blurred vision at near. Sometimes she will use her daddy reading glasses to read.

Refraction and cyclo-refraction shows Plano on both eyes.
Dr. commend on her, eyes are healthy, just sometimes she feel tired and dry eye. so just use some eye drops and rest more will do. Their parents face doesn't seem agree with what doctor says.

After consultation,
I personally bring the parents into the refraction room. I gave them  explanation on their daughter's eyes. I tell them, Your daughter's eyes muscles weakness could be one of the reasons why she having the problem with near work. Convergence insufficiency or accommodation insufficiency are potential to cause your daughter problem.

Although it seems not suppose to, I prescribed them +0.50 DS for reading purpose, ask her to stop wearing her daddy glasses. And taught her and parents pencil push up test just for 3times per day. It finally make some sense to them. That's all I could help, I say.

Daddy told me, "thank you. I'll make sure she do it everyday."    

Nothing special actually, I just think she at least deserve to know the fact of her eye since the parents paid RM158 and waited for 3 hours.

P/s: Doctor is good at marketing and consulting (persuading)

No comments: